Wednesday, April 30, 2008

GETTING SETTLED

Hello, everyone. Well, we are on day 5 in our apartment, and we finally have beds!!!! Yae!!! I slept like a baby last night. After a long day of waiting for the delivery guys, we received our beds (the same ones---only, brand new---that we had in the house, yesterday. I know the boys are happy to have their beds, too, because Logan had been complaining of Cayden's snoring.

We don't have much of a routine yet, but we are trying to get there. I take Logan to school in the morning and pick him up in the afternoon, Cayden to preschool M W F, we eat, bathe, and go to bed. Those are the important things that are getting done.

I think the reality of everything has started to hit us harder now. The first two weeks, we were going on adrenaline and concerned most about keeping the boys' lives as normal and stress-free as possible. Now, we are trying to settle into what will be our "home" for the next 5 or whatever months and trying to make it as much "ours" as we can. We are in the process of choosing a contractor, and there are lots of decisions ahead. John and I want to plan some "husband and wife" time every week, if we can, so we may be reaching out for help watching the boys. We all miss our home and life as it was, but we are trying to be open to what God has planned.

My friend, Kristen Snyder, suggested I read Psalm 18. I especially like verses 1-3:
I love you, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and I am saved from my enemies.

We praise God for the continued support, love, and kindness you all have shown us.
Have a Great Day.

Jennifer, John, Logan, and Cayden

No comments: